LOS ANGELES, Calif. —- Los Angeles prosecutors say they plan to charge Lindsay Lohan with felony grand theft of a $2,500 necklace that was reportedly stolen from a jewelry store last month by Lohan.
The district attorney’s spokeswoman Jane Robison told the Associated Press Tuesday that charges will be filed Wednesday. Lohan, who is now only famous for her legal troubles, is due in court for an arraignment on Wednesday.
On February 2 Los Angeles police said Lindsey was under investigation for taking a necklace from a Venice store later identified as Kamofie and Co. Detectives obtained a search warrant to try to retrieve the item from Lohan’s home, but the necklace was turned into a police station before any search was made.
During a phone interview with the Associated Press, Lohan’s attorney, Shawn Chapman Holley, denied any wrongdoing by Lohan.
“We vehemently deny these allegations and if charges are filed, we will fight them in court, not in the press,” Holley said in a statement released Saturday.
This new case represents a long troubled history for the “Mean Girls” star. Lohan, who is currently on probation for drunk driving could face jail time if found guilty.
A judge had threatened to throw her in jail if she ran into trouble again.
Prosecutors in Riverside County have been considering whether to press charges against Lohan for a December altercation with a worker from the Betty Ford Center, where she was being treated.
LAPD said they had no further updates Tuesday and did not say whether the former actress had made arrangements to turn herself in at court or at a police station.
Robison said bail would be decided by a judge.Tags: Crime, Grand Theft, Lindsay Lohan, necklace