Everyone’s favorite “reality” show to love to hate, MTV’s The Real World, is the perfect blend of Mardi Gras for three straight months and an episode of Jerry Springer (remember him?). But on the flip-side, going into the all-access experience, the cast must —of course— sign the rights to their very lives away, in a legal, binding contract.
Lucky for us, this contract recently made its way into the right (or wrong, actually) hands and has been revealed for all curious hearts to see. While the contents are nothing short of obvious, it is still quite humorous to imagine these kids reading this and then signing on the dotted line. Yeah, they probably weren’t sober then either.
So here you have it, folks. A revised, dumbed down version for all of us simple-minded individuals (hey, I didn’t pass The Bar either). Bet you won’t be surprised, at all.
• You can’t have an STD, but remember that other people might because they’re too lazy to test everybody.
• No one working on the show is guaranteeing that participants are free of HIV and herpes and all that stuff because, again, they’re too lazy to test everyone.
• Also, “Interacting with other cast members carries the risk of ‘non-consensual physical contact.'”
• If you become pregnant, they’re dunzo with you. They already have a show about chicks who are preggers, of course, and you don’t fit the age bracket.
• You have no “moral rights.” Basically, they own your ass.
• They reserve the right to edit scenes as they choose, meaning if they want to fabricate anything about you for the sake of the show, they can. In other words, you have basically signed away every single right you have. For reality television.
So, when will you be auditioning?Tags: Contract, MTV, The Real World, Weird News