NEW HAVEN, Connecticut ~ (New Haven Register) ~ A five-year-old girl was hospitalized after she ate noodles accidentally tainted with PCP, according to New Haven Police.
The young girl ate noodles prepared on May 2nd by her babysitting grandmother who used the same pot that her mother, 26-year-old Hope Brodie, had used the day before to cook the illegal drug phencyclidine or PCP, also known as “angel dust”. Brodie has been charged with risk of injury to a minor; the girl was taken to Yale-New Haven Hospital’s pediatric emergency room suffering from what police said were “internal irregularities.” The New Haven Register reported that, after the girl ate the noodles, she became hyperactive and distracted, and was pointing at her face saying she had four noses.
Brodie told the staff working at the emergency room her daughter had ingested the residue from a batch of “wet”, the street term for marijuana laced with PCP. Police said the girl was still in the hospital the next day, in stable condition, and the Department of Children and Families had been notified.
The mother was arraigned on May 3rd in Superior Court and released on $2500 bond; the judge ordered Brodie to cooperate with DCF and to have no unsupervised visits with her child. She is due back in court on May 8th. The biological father told police he has custody of the girl, but allows Brodie to have occasional visits with her daughter. Brodie did not return a message left by the Associated Press.
Photo credit: New Haven PoliceTags: angel dust, ate, girl, noodles, pcp, Weird News